Marriage and Same Sex Blessings

This page is a resource for clergy celebrating and blessing marriage. Information on remarriage petitions, as well as policies and liturgies on same-sex marriage can be found here.

Clergy not resident in the Diocese of Olympia must seek permission from Bishop Rickel before performing rites in the diocese. A request should be made in writing no less than 60 days before the rites are to take place.

If you are seeking to officiate in a congregation in which you do not hold a cure, you must first seek permission, in writing, from the clergy person in charge of the congregation before seeking permission to officiate from Office of the Bishop.

I Will Bless You, formerly known as A049 as passed at General Convention 2012

A Rite for the Celebration and Blessing of a Holy Union (Option 1)

The Celebration and Blessing of a Covenant Relationship (Option 2)