The Episcopal Church has adopted “Five Marks of Mission” to guide the work of its congregations. The marks are:
- To proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom;
- To teach, baptize and nurture new believers;
- To respond to human need by loving service;
- To seek to transform unjust structures of society,
- To challenge violence of every kind and to pursue peace and reconciliation;
- To strive to safeguard the integrity of creation and sustain and renew the life of the earth.
We believe there is a sixth mark of mission that is essential if congregations hope to achieve any of the original five marks of mission. The sixth mark is to build financially sustainable congregations.