Officiating Marriage if not Licensed or Resident

Here are the basic steps for approval if you wish to officiate at a wedding in the Diocese of Olympia and are not licensed or canonically resident.

Requests should be made at least 60 days prior to the proposed wedding date.

  • Send a letter to the Bishop requesting permission. Include in this letter the date and location of the wedding as well as the names and background of those to be married.
  • Submit a letter of good standing from the diocese where the requesting officiant is canonically resident.

Any further information, correspondence or questions should be sent to the Executive Assistant to the Bishop.

Resource Category